Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way to create secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions. We are looking for a self-driven and motivated Application Engineer in Oulu, Finland to help us promote and support the groundbreaking family of Ensemble and Crescendo Micro Controllers that have received a lot of industry attention.
- Design Embedded Firmware, Application Examples and a Proof-of-Concept solutions.
- Develop reference designs in cooperation with Partners and Independent Design Houses.
- Create and present training material targeting embedded applications and solutions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support and guidance.
- Contribute to the development of documentation such as Application Notes, Quick Start Guides and User Manuals.
- Work with the marketing team to validate product requirements and review new product introduction materials.
- Work with the Documentation team to review and update Datasheets and Technical Reference Manuals.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience of developing firmware and/or software for embedded products. Experience with IoT edge devices a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing device drivers and software for analog peripherals and communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB and Ethernet.
- Expertise in Real Time Operating Systems and the use of Linux as embedded operating system.
- Proficient in C and/or C++ programming with best engineering and software development practices.
- Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other standard lab equipment.
- Equally comfortable working with well-defined and ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proactive, team player, can-do attitude.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with processor startup code, BSP, board bring up and debugging is a big plus.
- Experience with power management for embedded systems is a big plus.
- Understanding of Embedded Security, Secured Boot/Update and Root of Trust concepts.
- Familiarity with wireless technologies and related communication protocols is a plus.