Machine Learning Application Engineer
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way to create secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions. We are looking for self-driven and motivated Senior Application Engineer with AI/ML experience in Pleasanton, CA to help us promote and support the groundbreaking family or Ensemble and Crescendo Micro Controllers that have received a lot of industry attention.
- Design Embedded Firmware, Application Examples and a Proof-of-Concept solutions.
- Develop reference designs in cooperation with Partners and Independent Design Houses.
- Create and present training material targeting embedded applications and solutions.
- Develop/Port machine learning software algorithms applying relevant scientific rigor to analyze data.
- Write technical reports backed by statistical analysis.
- Scour IP and literal sources to gather unique information and explain test results.
- Assist engineering teams in defining product specifications and help performance.
- Act as the link between scientific and engineering teams in translating machine learning algorithms into products.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support and guidance.
- Contribute to the development of documentation such as Application Notes, Quick Start Guides and User Manuals.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with academic and/or experiential background in Analog/Digital Signal Processing, Machine Learning, and Embedded Systems.
- 5+ years of experience of developing firmware and/or software for embedded products. Experience with IoT edge devices with AI/ML application development is a plus.
- Experience or strong background with machine learning algorithms, Deep Neural Network architectures and platforms such as TensorFlow, TinyML, PyTorch etc.
- Experience in optimization on Micro-controller or MicroProcessors, Hardware Accelerators, Co-Processors or other architectures (SIMD, VLIW, OpenMP, NEON, etc.) and optimal partitioning of the training and inferencing tasks across IoT hierarchy.
- Experience in HW(FPGA)/SW/Firmware based prototyping to demonstrate proof of concept
- Strong theoretical and programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic heavy embedded solutions.
- Fully understand the application space of the image analytical algorithms.
- Equally comfortable working with well-defined and ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proactive, can-do attitude.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Comfortable working with resource constrained embedded platforms
- Experience in Real Time Operating Systems and the use of Linux as embedded operating system.
- Experience with power management for embedded systems is a big plus.